Saturday, September 15, 2012

First 5 K

So today I did my first 5 K. I was not prepared for it. First I am not a runner. I wish I was. I want to be, but I get winded just thinking about running. I just started walking this summer, just about 1 mile 3 times a week. But I did the race because it was for the Eden Clinic. The Eden Clinic is for women and girls who are pregnant. Give free counseling, ultrasounds and about adoption if needed also gives them the tools and materials to take care of a baby. It is to support life! Anyways it was for a good cause. As you may have read I just started working out yesterday. I did a Zumba class and was feeling the pain today. The race was early this morning, it was about 60 degrees and misting. I did the race pushing my 2 boys. Let me tell you it was good, but hard. I wanted to give up a couple of times but my car was by the Finnish line. So i pushed on and was very proud of myself. My boys were amazing!! They loved it. My goal was to not be last. With starting a couple minutes late I had to jog a little to catch up to the walkers. I have never walked more than 2 miles and I only did 2 miles once and with friends. This time was different. I was alone with my boys, I was sore, it was early and by end me and my boys were soaking wet. I kept going and I finished at 49 minutes. Starting late it probably was more like 47 minute. Don't laugh I know that is not a good time. But you have got to start some where. Well I never thought that crossing the finish line would feel so good. I am not very good at following through in life. I always seem to never Finish anything. But I did it!!! I finished. My older son did the toddler dash. He fell two times, with a face plant into wet grass, but he got back up and held my hand in the end to the Finish. He was laughing and loving it. He loves to run, especially away from me. There were so many great people cheering him on. It brings such Joy to my heart to see him so happy.
Not sure I will be able to walk tomorrow, but this is strange but I feel great. The past two days I feel tiered but like I have energy. My brain feels clear. And I just feel healthier, better me. It also makes me want to eat better. There is no way 1 hour of Zumba should equal one cheese burger. That does not even include fries.
Well with my first race down, I hope to get into shape and do more. If you have ever wanted to do one, just know you can do it!! And park by the Finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment