Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Homemade Laundry Soap



Homemade Laundry Soap

I finally made my own laundry detergent. It was way easier than I had thought. Not sure why I waited so long. Im always looking for ways to save money. Thank you Pinterest!!! I do a lot of laundry! And as you all know it is expensive. This recipe was $20.34 and from what I have read should last 6 loads a week for a Year. Yes one whole year paying only $20.34 for soap.  So this is the recipe I used and the prices from Walmart.

 1 (5 lb) bucket- Found in the paint aisle $1.17
1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax- Found in the detergent aisle $3.38
1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda- Found in the detergent aisle $3.24
1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean- Found in the detergent aisle. (This is optional) $7.52
3 (14.1 oz) Bars of Fels-Naptha Soap- Found in the detergent aisle. $.97 each
1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda- Found in the cooking aisle $2.12 
Total $20.34

To make the laundry detergent you need to first grate your Fels Naptha bars. Using a cheese grater, I used the smallest part to grate. It took like 7 minutes. Then pore the rest of the ingredients in the bucket and mix together. I would suggest poring a little of each at a time and mix it together that way. That's it! It is that easy. You only need to use 1-2 Tablespoons per load. This was so easy I did it with my kids awake!

I'm about to be out of Dish washing soap, so I will be making and posting this recipe soon. Saving money one thing at a time. 

1-2 Tablespoons per load

No comments:

Post a Comment